Ever wondered what makes a perfume formula sweet? Vanilla is not the only option and very often what is listed as “vanilla” actually isn’t precisely that.
To make sense of it all we have put together an edit explaining what that sweet shade in the perfume could be and made it available as a sample pack complete with samples of raw materials.
5. Ethyl Maltol
For real vanilla
1. PG21 Felanilla (Parfumerie Générale)
2. Memoirs of a Trespasser (Imaginary Authors)
3. Anima Dulcis (Arquiste)
4. Lignum Vitae (Beaufort)
5. Modern Classic (Brocard)
For tonka beans
6. Lumière Blanche (Olfactive Studio)
7. PG 4.1 Le Musc & La peau (Parfumerie Générale)
8. Hummingbird (Zoologist)
9. Liquo (Angela Ciampagna)
10. PG15 Ilang Ivohibé (Parfumerie Générale)
11. Civet (Zoologist)
12. Shem-el-Nessim (Grossmith)
13. Aphrodisia (Brocard)
Some quick math: if purchased separately the total price for these 13 samples would be £34 (excluding raw materials). This pack costs £30 and it includes 5 specimens of perfume material. As part of the yearly subscription this same pack would have been only around £15 (with no shipping cost and 10% discount code for full size purchases). Whichever way you add it up, that’s a bargain.